Friday, September 21, 2007

Haunted

It's just after 3:30am and for some ridiculous reason I am still awake! I can hear the engine of my idiot hillbilly neighbor's car as he leaves for work, yet I can't get myself into a relaxed enough state to sleep. If I were 10 years younger I'd just stay up and trudge onward. LOL, too bad I'm not 10 years younger though.

Thursdays are becoming really tough for me mentally. I think I've said before that I'm now watching my friend's son during the day, and while it's a complete blast, having 4 babies around the age of 1 can be quite a ride! This cute little guy, Finnegan, is still getting used to be away from Mommy and watching 3 other giant babies crawl and walk all over the place (and over him if he's in the way) and I spend much time comforting him and protecting him from my three. It's such a drastic change for him to come from a house where it's just him with Mommy and Daddy to cater to him then to come to my house and he's the smallest and slowest of this new "pack" that he's slowly getting integrated into. He's a trooper and a good sport, so I think he'll get better and better each day he spends with us. But right now I give him lots of extra attention and love so that he's OK and as a result I have less to give to my three. Lucky thing for Finn he's damn cute and worth it all!

Let's see, my sister-in-law Missy is coming out for the weekend to visit a bit and attend a seminar for work. It's going to be nice to see her and spend some quality time with her. When we go to Ohio there is always so much going on and so many people around that I don't feel we get a chance to visit the way we'd like to. I'm looking forward to that and I think the kids are also.

I briefly met up with a guy I went to high school with the other day. I had some old computers and various parts to give away and he just happened to answer my ad that I posted on freecycle. I caught up with him a bit and unfortunately he just broke up with his girlfriend of a year and it has hit him pretty hard. I sure hope he gets through this alright. It makes me realize how lucky I am to have Meva!

Perrin is still doing well after his surgery. He has to get an antibacterial ointment put in his eyes twice a day at the moment and he is none too happy about it. Like all things I do, there is almost a Spartan efficiency in my method of tenderly restraining him and administering this that really pisses him off. All things considered he does well.

Big football game this weekend between my beloved Bears and the sanctimonious Dallas Criminals, I mean Cowboys. If our offense can at least be proficient on a college level, we should be able to handle Dallas. They're good, but our defense is really unbelievable and I think more than a match for them. Sorry carry, but your Cowboys are going down hard!

Well, it's time for me to put down whatever it is that's haunting my sleep so that I can get at least a few hours rest before I have to get the kids up. Wish me luck or it's going to be a murderously long day tomorrow/this morning.

3 comments:

Cary said...

ESPN loves the Bears too:

"when a team whiffs on a quarterback taken in the first round, it hurts to the bone.

Which is why, when the sun rose in Chicago on Monday morning, hours after the Dallas Cowboys had laid waste to the defending NFC champions, Bears officials were aching all the way down to the marrow."

ouch. sorry about that but i did love that quote. better luck next week brother! and the Cowboys sit atop the NFC!

Collins said...

I am worried about this post-- am bad about keeping up and just found it yesterday... are you sure you're ok with Finn two days a week? What can I do to make it easier?

I really think you should try to remember the pacifier and it will help comfort him,and I will send him with more food and milk if I can pump more.

I don't want him to be a burden to you, and I feel bad that he has been so fussy and such a handful when he is such an angel at home.

Please tell me if it becomes a problem, or if there is anything else I can do to make your time with him easier.

Crazz said...

Colleen, I LOVE having Finn on Tuesdays & Thursdays! I just feel bad for him because its so different and scary. He'll get the hang of things and he'll be just fine, you watch and see.