Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Can't Sleep

At the risk of sounding like I'm in some type of manic mode, I can't sleep. Thoughts and ideas keep racing through my head and I've taken as much medicine to calm down and sleep as I dare to and yet I'm still awake.

This means I'm going to have another day feeling exhausted and unmotivated to get things done around the house. May all of this is because I'm not sticking up for myself and confronting some issues I have head on. I know they're going to be a hassle, so maybe that's why I don't want to deal with them. I'd really like to take a week for myself and go camping to find my center and recharge. Who knows.

On an unrelated topic, I really hate those stupid Campbell soup adds with the guy who can do nothing but slurp them like a meth addict. I get the point, but they're just stupid. I actually like Campbell soup, but I refuse to buy any more until that as campaign is gone.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm doing enough as a citizen and what more I could do to contribute to make my city, state, and country a better place to live in. Cynically it would be to start a revolution and remake the country into a better place---- but with my last name I will get shot in the head right away.

Drew Peterson is still in the news. Isn't that fucking fantastic! I guess it's much more important than talking about examples of all the good things people are doing? Interest rates are going down again, so I'm still benefiting from having an ARM, which is good sense I can't sell my house for enough to pay off the loan and my second mortgage.

And you know what else pisses me off===== Ribbon Magnets that people put on the back of their cars with their wonderful messages like "Support Breast Cancer Research" or "Fight AIDS" or something to that effect. I'll admit that I'm not doing enough for ANYTHING I've ever read on a magnet sticker, but come one, it's not like I'm rooting for Breast Cancer, or an increase in AIDS, or Homosexual Intolerance. Enough with the ribbons, that don't mean a damn thing anymore. I think at this point I would like to get one that says "Stop Buying Magnet Ribbons"

Well, I need to lay down and pretend to sleep. My son Ryan was scared and he's in my bed, so I can at least cuddle with him and relax, maybe enough to sleep.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the Campbell's soup commercials are gross with the kids putting all sorts of shit in the soup - salsa, chips, EZ Cheese, etc. The tagline is: "Campbell's Tomato Soup, Possibilities"

Should be "Campbell's Starter Soup - Just Add Atrocities"

Collins said...

I've been bitching about those damnable car ribbons for years. I'd like to know just WHO is making money off of people stupid enough to think this is a contribution to the cause they'd like to flaunt!!!

When civilization fails, want to start a commune? Our kids alone could repopulate. I normally wouldn't invite a republican, but you're soft-core, so it's ok.

Tutu Lou said...

Bro,

It must be something in the air. I could not have spelled my own feelings out any better. I don’t know if it is the realization of life if fleeting & I don’t want to miss out by being the good soldier. Is it I realize I am right at the beginning the end of this life and wasted too much time & accomplished a fraction of what I am possible of doing? Is it I know there is so much riding on and happening to me, change is not feasible? I know my questions are different from yours, but you are not alone in your soul searching. I hope once I get some things straightened out I can find some answers, myself. If you need to talk I am there for you.