Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Miami Bound

No, I'm not going to Miami. I wish I was, because my Chicago Bears are going to be there in two weeks for Super Bowl XLI!! I can't even convey how wonderful this is. Many people say that they don't deserve to even be there, and the prognosticators in Vegas already have them as 7 point underdogs and they may all be right, but I'm still stoked about this.

There is definitely a euphoria building around this event, with stories and coverage really being over board and dominating the local airwaves. It really is like a strange soap opera. We've got a convict, a civil rights milestone, a theme song, and some truly bizarre supporters. And yes somewhere in all of this they will manage to actually play a game. The photo to the left is the most bizarre story I have heard in support of a team in a long long time. Now don't get me wrong, I think that if I was in this woman's position I wouldn't be above this type of a tactic to get see my beloved Bears in the Superbowl. I actually think it takes some guts to even get on TV and talk about this. Chances are that some one or company will pony up the cash for this as it's too good of a PR opportunity to pass up. At the very least it will make for one hell of a story to tell the kid years later!

It's been an intense couple of days around the house as my son Perrin has had some real painful bowel movements of late and he's been cranky to say the least. Luckily we have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I'm hoping that he'll be able to figure out how to end this for the little guy, he's been through enough already in his short life. As a result of Perrin's condition I've not had much free time this week. It's pretty much been doing chores around the house and comforting him. No writing at all.

On a nice note I ran into a friend while at the grocery store today. I hadn't seen here in probably 6 years or so, and we had some catching up to do. It was funny because she saw my cart had nursery water and she immediately asked about having kids. Having triplets though still allows me to get a surprise out of people. I was supposed to just go right to the store and get some water and then come back quickly, but seeing her made my 30 minute trip take 90 minutes instead. Lucky thing for me that Meva is such a great woman, because I know there are many wives out there that wouldn't be so understanding about a situation like this. The funny thing is that back when my friend and I worked together and were closer, I am surprised we never got together! Meva knows all of that and still she isn't threatened or worried, which just goes to show what a catch I have and reinforce the strength of our marriage and love. (OK, sappy stuff is over now)

I haven't had a chance to go over the President's State of the Union address yet, but I'm hoping to be able to do that tomorrow after I come home with the kids from the doctor. I'm sure I'll find it fascinating and entertaining.

No comments: