Thursday, January 04, 2007

Ringing in the New Year....Bathroom Style!

The titles a bit misleading. I had a great New Year's and didn't even have to drink, so no hugging that porcelain alter for me. The title has to do with other bathroom activities.

My son Perrin brought back a stomach virus from his grandparents and he has passed it on to just about everyone here in the house. My son Ryan is the last hold out. Without getting too graphic, for awhile I thought I had something akin to dysentery. I had cramps, a fever, and some serious bouts of fatigue; all of which lead to me becoming dehydrated and getting headaches and some uncomfortable muscle cramps. Meva even took off time from work when it hit her. I can only imagine what the babies have gone through because they also have projectile vomit with their symptoms. Yeah, the Kennedy house has been a real fun place to be over this last week for sure!

Beyond that, so many things have been happening lately I don't think I can accurately talk about them here in any real detail. That aside, I still can't believe that when the time came to put the hammer down on Saddam, it came down fast and relatively peaceful.....at least as far as I heard......I only heard there were protests in India of all places, but whatever.

The playoffs are here in football. For some reason I am totally not pysched at all. Maybe it's because my Bears look like the weakest 13-3 team I can ever remember seeing, or maybe it's just that I can't find the time to get into it now that my hands are full. For sure, I'll still watch it, but it's just not exciting me like it used to.

As you can tell I haven't gotten around to changing the layout of this blog yet. I've been trying to just keep up with some semi-frequent postings when I get the chance, but now that the holidays are passed I'm hoping to have more time to do this.

No comments: