Tuesday, February 20, 2007

More Snow & What's Happening

Well, the snow is definitely on its way out. I can actually see the grass poking up in both the front and back yards and the gravel is present in the driveway. They say the temp is going to be near the balmy 50's this weekend with some rain, so I expect that by Sunday almost everything will be gone. Although I will miss the snow, I am not sad to see it go this time; we got so much snow and ice that our gutters became clogged and bogged down from all the weight and subsequently lowered my soffit about an 1/8 of an inch.......which was just enough to interfere with my back door and now it doesn't open without a hand pushing up on the soffit. ***Sigh*** It figures this would happen as we're trying to sell the house.

Round 2 of the stomach flu has kicked off in our home in full force. While the kids aren't really puking too much, they are exhibiting "potty" problems and running fevers, Sarah had a 101.4 fever this afternoon. This equals lots of crying, diaper changing, and holding of babies, which in turn leaves me with very little time to do much else.......even the chores are backing up.

The two photos here are from last week's blizzard. Later that night at about 2am I went and shoveled the final couple of inches that it left. Against the contrast of the dark sky the entire block looked very surreal. The first photo is from the front of our house. I have a little ceramic black bear that I keep in front of the sidewalk for good luck. He sits next to the rain spout and looks out at the driveway and the street. I just thought it was a cool picture of him with just his head sticking over the snow, still keeping watch. The next one is of our house taken from the same spot I took the picture from in the day. It was snowing so heavily I couldn't get a shot without getting some of the fat snowflakes in the picture too.

Well, neither the wife and I are feeling well and we really should get some sleep so we can deal with whatever the babies throw at us tomorrow.

No comments: