Monday, March 12, 2007

Grab A Bucket

That phrase encompassed my early morning yesterday. As I was getting ready for work and taking a shower, I heard a hissing sound in the bathroom. After checking things out, my wife and I discovered that we had a leak inside the wall behind the shower. After tearing into the wall, we discovered one of the compression fittings had cracked. Luckily my brother Cecil came over and together it took us about 2 hours and we had it fixed. The insides of the walls were soaked, so I'm going to need to let that thing stay opened for about a week to dry out and prevent mold buildup. Afterwards it will be a little bit of drywall repair and the installation of an access panel back there for any future problems.

I received some very tragic news from one of my friends last night, and while I won't talk about the specifics or who it is, I am very concerned for him and what he's going through at the moment. I thought about his situation all night and I just want him to know again that I got his back should there be anything that I can do for him.

Work is entering it's slow period. As the weather turns nicer, people's focus shift from the inside of their houses to the outside and the furniture business slows down. I just had a very hefty check this past week (four figures), which is great for a part time job, but it's going to get more lean here from this point out. What makes matters worse is that I did have to miss yesterday with my plumbing issues and we supposedly had a new guy start that is a total snake I'm told. Rumor is that he's stealing customers from other salespeople on his first day in the floor. I sure hope that he doesn't do that to me once I get back this weekend because I have a long track record of not putting up with that type of thing and I can be quite..........persuasive in getting my point across.

Other than that, there's not too much else going on right now, which isn't a bad thing.

No comments: