Tuesday, April 10, 2007

What a week!

I think I've mentioned here before that we are going to be selling our house soon and moving into a bigger place in a rural area to save money. We've only bought a house before, so selling our current house is definitely a learning experience.......and it's exhausting.

If you didn't know this, they recommend that you pack up as much unnecessary stuff from around your house that you can. Basically getting rid of anything that you don't use on a regular basis so as to make your home look bigger and uncluttered. It's really a brilliant idea, but that's not a good thing for someone like me.

Being part nerd, I've acquired a large amount of crap over the years and it's all been forced into a small 8' x 10' room that was my office, but has since become the guest room now that the babies are here. Just getting that room cleared out was ridiculous. I've left about a third of what was in there and all of my comics, but I still took out 20 some boxes of books, games, and collectibles that I had in that room and the closet. What's bad is that I purposely left behind about 5-7 more boxes of books so that the room wouldn't look obviously empty. The saddest part is that I still have another 15 boxes of books in the garage!! I am a sage without a library!

So anyways, I've spent the entire week trying to get that room packed because I need to get it into storage. We rented one of those portable units that come to your house for you to fill at your leisure, and we had to get it filled and ready to leave today so that we could accept the delivery of top soil and driveway gravel that I have coming tomorrow. All week long my wife and I worked together to pack things up and move them into the unit.

To our surprise we actually filled the 8' x 16' unit with everything we planned on and even a bit more, now it will all be ready to be delivered to our new home when we choose it and are ready to move it. This is where the story turns very annoying and angry for me.

To make this short, the guy who came to pick the unit up trashed my yard next to the driveway and almost knocked the thing over and into my house! I don't know what the guys problem was or why he had such difficulties , but he trashed my yard by digging up the lawn with his tires trying to get the unit and he never even said a word of remorse or apology to me before he left in a huff! Lucky for me I had my camera to take video and pictures of the whole incident. The ironic part of all this is that my brother is coming over tomorrow to help me spruce up the yard for the sale............and that included getting the lawn ready. We had a big job before, but now it's even larger! I can't wait to see exactly what they are going to offer me, because the damage is substantial in my opinion, which is what these photos are supposed to prove.

Now, on to my Stupid Site of the Week

Stupid Site of the Week: Journey Lyrics

This is from a site called SeekLyrics, which catalogues the song lyrics of popular, and less than popular artists. There are plenty of other sites out there just like this, and since I really don't care much for music I don't go to them much at all. The reason I chose the Journey pages for this site is because one, Journey sucks, and two, the songs are all messed up. It's a pet peeve of mine to hear someone incorrectly name a song because they think all songs are named after a phrase in the chorus (which many are) or the opening lines of the song. An example would be someone incorrectly calling Elvis Presley's song "In The Ghetto," His Momma Cried, which I have seen and heard done. The same thing exists on the Journey page with the song "Don't Stop Believin" which has an entry under the correct song title, but it's also listed as "Small Town Girl." Not only is it embarrassingly inaccurate for the website, the lyrics are also wrong! Someone should be editing the content, especially since in this case the lyrics are available on the CD!

No comments: