Friday, June 08, 2007

Slow News Day

On a day of events that are of serious importance to this country and the direction we may be headed in our involvement in what has become an Iragi Civil War, namely the replacement of the chairmen of the Joint Chief of Staff and news that the US is arming Iraqi nationalists to fight al Qaeda, the same nationalists who were fighting the US just two months before.

Instead of important coverage of these important events, the nation was bombarded with coverage of Paris Hilton being forced from her home and back into court and told she had to return to jail. Much was focused on her screaming and crying as she was led out of the court room, obviously in tears.

It is an absolute blasphemy to every US citizen that this was the focus of the media world today. The only redeeming quality of the whole ordeal is that it's a strike against the rich and famous getting special treatment by our legal system. Horray! Let's just hope that it's not a momentary lapse of logic and common sense that slipped in between political special interests and old-boys club networking.

On a personal note, I just loved hearing that she broke down in tears and cried for her mom! I love comeuppance.

On a more personal note, I really got hooked on a subparly written TV series called Jericho, that was canceled by CBS. I've just hear word that they've since been picked up as a mid-season replacement for next year with the ordering of 7 new episodes.

By the end of July I will have made two trips to Ohio, had two birthday parties for the triplets, one major surgery, two separate medical procedures, and countless other projects to complete around the house as I keep it in condition for all the showing we have. I'm also still going to try and work every weekend that I possibly can during this time. There's a full plate if I've ever seen one.

In the meantime I'm going to try and write as much as I possibly can before I am unable to for a few weeks.

No comments: