Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Week That Was..

It's been a pretty active week around here for me lately, so where do I begin?

I've decided to put off the surgery on my hand for the time being. As much as it hurts and as much as I'd like to get it done, I just don't feel good about having myself basically operating on just one hand. When I have the surgery I don't think I'll be able to use that hand for a few weeks at least, but most likely it will be closer to 2 months. With that kind of recovery schedule ahead of me, I think it would be wiser to wait until we sell the house and move into the new place.

Speaking of the house, we had another open house today. I was at work for it, but Meva said we had a handful of people stop by with some mixed feedback. A few liked it, a few said it was too much money for them (don't ask me why they came if that's how they felt) and we had one neighbor who wanted to check us out because she's planning on putting her house on the market soon and she wanted to see what she had to compete with. It's not what I had hoped for in results, but we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Friday is my kids 1 year birthday. In some ways I can't believe that they're already going to be a full year old, but then in other ways it seems so much longer. It goes without saying that my life is completely different than it was a year ago, and I can't even imagine it without my three beautiful children. I can't wait for the next year just to see how they grow.

Meva and I are planning on taking the kids to Ohio next weekend for the 4th of July holiday so her mother can see the kids for their birthday. It will be nice to see Meva's family again and visit with everyone, but if it's anything like last time, this means even more work for me and less sleep since the kids will be off their normal schedule and very cranky. It will all be worth it though.

IN a completely unrelated note I just want to say that I can't stand Bernie Mac at all. I don't know what he's like in person, but when I see him on TV giving interviews or talking, I just want to cringe and look away. Something about the way he talks or acts just makes me feel uncomfortable.

That's it for now, I've got to figure out what I'm going to do for my wife tomorrow since it will be our 7th wedding anniversary.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your writing is awesome...but when I started reading your 'unrelated note' about hating Bernie Mac, I burst out laughing. Too true. Too funny.

Crazz said...

I'm so glad I'm not alone out there about Bernie Mac. Thanks for being part of the brotherhood!