Friday, July 06, 2007

Things Are Happening

It's been a pretty busy week around here. The entire family spent 5 days in Ohio visiting my In-laws and having the first of my kids birthday party celebrations, We came home on the 4th late at night and then the kids had a doctor's appointment the following morning. In between then and now we've had 5 showing scheduled for the house, of which I've had 2 blow us off and not even show. So for the better part of the last 8 days or so, I've been completely out of the loop.

Regardless, I did get the absolute bullshit news that Scooter Libby was pardoned. Say what you want to about Bush, Republicans, or even politics in general, but I really have a problem with the ease and lack of accountability that goes into this type of blatant "Fuck You" that the American people and our legal system are given. Any time someone is tried and found guilty in the country, I feel nervous when one single person can pardon that person based on a whim or person bias. That my friends is a very very broken part of our system of government. The fact that Bush does this should come as no surprise to anyone.

Focusing back on the personal, it's going to be hot and muggy this weekend. We have another birthday party for the kids on Sunday, so I fear we all may just melt! At some point I have to mow the lawn and fix some dead patches with seeding and laying some new soil. Ya gotta love doing that in 95+ heat.

I finished my comic script for a story I've been working on called Atonement. I'm still excited about it and I've received some feedback that has been incredible and insightful. I can't wait to get back into the story and rework it based on what I've gotten back. It just brings me one step closer to getting to my goal of being a paid writer.

That's it for now, I'm beat!

No comments: