Friday, February 01, 2008

I Dream of Asphalt

We got almost a foot of snow in the last day, and I was out shoveling around midnight last night and then again this afternoon after it had stopped. I had a friend tell me there was no way I could convince him that there was a benefit to shoveling snow while it was still snowing. To that I say, it's much easier to shovel a couple hundred square feet of six inch snow on two occasions than to try and do the same thing with 12+ inches of snow. Southerners---they'll never understand.

Anyways, that was a lot of snow and I'm not ashamed to admit that one, I still enjoy shoveling snow and I had a good time doing it, and two, I am completely exhausted. Unfortunately this snow was wet and heavy and my back and arms are sore. But there's something about looking at the driveway and sidewalks and knowing that I cleaned them completely of the snow and ice. Yeah, I guess I am sick huh? The only thing I wsh was different was that I didn't have a gravel driveway. Shoveling show that's laying on a bunch of rocks is a big pain. If I had a blacktop or concrete drive then I could easily shovel it in less than half the time it takes with those rocks. My shovel is one of those "snow movers" that you can get behind and just push tons of snow all over with it. The part of my driveway by the garage is asphalt and it takes me no time at all to get it cleared. Ah well, maybe one day.

Not too much going on otherwise. It's been a hectic week for me just trying to keep up with the kids. It seems like they are getting more and more rambunctious as the days go by. I am constantly stopping them from taking things they shouldn't have, going where they shouldn't go, and doing things they shouldn't do. I long for the days of the triple 2am feedings sometimes. The worst part is that I'm still 5 months away from the terrible twos. I don't expect to make it through the summer!

No comments: