Friday, January 01, 2016

It's been close to 5 years since I put anything forth. That's 4 yrs, 10 months, and 30 days I think. I definitely do not want to reach the 5 year mark of silence, so here we are on the first day of 2016.

I think it's fair to say that during this time away, my life has gone through the normal turmoil that most of us battle. There were two that stuck out of me. The first was the substantial marital struggles between my wife and I. The second was the death of my oldest friend on New Years Eve 2014.

The marital stress, followed by the death of my friend have really shook me. I won't get into everything, but there are a few things that have become a part off who I am and I don't see them changing or going away any time soon.

1. Instead of beating around the bush and pretending I were something else that were more palatable to people and trying to fool even myself, it's freeing to admit that I am an Atheist. Not spiritual, not agnostic. Atheist.

2. Making myself happy is paramount. I notice that when I am happy, those around me are better because I am better. It allows me to support and hopefully inspire others to be happy as well.

3. Good or bad, I know who I am and I not only accept that, I am proud of it.


As 2016 has started upon us, I have 2 goals I want to achieve:

1. Improved health. my goals to help me achieve this successfully is to loss over 100 pounds and run a 5k with my children at the end of April.

2. Get outdoors much more often.

That's it for now. There is lots going on, so it's time to get busy.

No comments: