Monday, November 06, 2006

Half The Man I Used To Be

What a weekend this has been. It started off early for me on Friday when I went and had a vasectomy. The wife and I agree that three kids are more than enough for the two of us and we don't really want any late in life surprises, so the most logical option was for me to get snipped. All and all I think the whole procedure went very well.

Friday was the toughest day for me. There wasn't a lot of pain, but the meds I took for the procedure were pretty strong and they made me really sleepy. I think I may have slept most of the day and evening on Friday, and then got up to help Meva feed the kids and I was up again until 2:30 am with Perrin when he decided he needed to talk to me for a few hours.

I've heard some rather disturbing stories from some guys who've gone through this about the pain they were in and all the down time they had as a result, but I didn't really feel that at all. The pain has really not been there, aside from a few instances, and I haven't had the need to ice myself down very much at all. In fact, had Perrin not kept me up so late I was going to go to work the next day! Even though I didn't I still busted my balls (yeah, that was intended) on Saturday doing laundry and cleaning the house and then going to the grocery store. I never had any problems the entire day. I don't know why it was so easy for me, but whatever the reason I am thankful for it.

With Halloween over the silly season has officially begun. The stores are already putting out there Christmas items (many started before Halloween) and I'm seeing people in my neighborhood getting their yards and houses ready for the decorations. I'm thinking that I would like to get a jump on my stuff this year before it gets cold and snowy, because with the kids here it will make it that much harder if I wait.

Comics were mostly disappointing this past week, nothing I read wowed me or really got me juiced. That hasn't happened in awhile, so hopefully this coming week will make up for it. Thankfully I have 3 volumes of Essential Amazing Spiderman to keep me company until then.

Well it's 2 am and I need to hit the sack before those babies wake up and beat me around for tomorrow. If I'm lucky they will give me a bit of time to post again tomorrow.

No comments: