Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Return of the Grubs

It's been quite a few years since I've seen spring fail so miserable to gain it's foothold from winter! While the temperature is more to my liking right now it does prevent me from getting outside to work on the lawn and yard. My perennial battle with lawn grubs and what seems like a bazillion different types of weeds seems to have lost ground over the winter and I can already see more grub patches than we had last year. Fun stuff for sure!

Meanwhile I had to fire Ryan's occupational therapist today. There's really not much I can say that was good about her, she was consistently late for appointments, rescheduled or canceled appointments almost weekly, and I honestly questioned her skills and knowledge as an OT. The state of Illinois provides services for children who need them and our kids qualified based on being premature at birth, but this coverage lasts only until they turn 3, at which time the local school district takes over. So I tried to wait these last four months for this transition, but today was the last straw. With her gone though I am hoping to feel a little less stressed.

Over the weekend I took some time and wrote a very short review of a comic book. Despite the comic book being brutal, I really enjoyed writing the review and made realize how much I have missed talking about comic books in general. I think that I'm going to bring back my comic book blog, The Comic Book Observatory. It's really long over due and something I've neglected now for almost two years. As things begin to heat up with my comic book writing, I think this is a good time to start it back up, so look for that to relaunch at some point this week. Once I do I'll mention it here along with some news about the future of things.

Tonight I'll actually be visiting my father. Unfortunately it's happening because he's in the hospital with pneumonia and some other issues. We've been really working on our relationship the last couple of months and he was planning on visiting my house and meeting the triplets for the first time before this setback. Hopefully he'll feel stronger and up to a visit.

That's about it for now. I need to go and make some bread dough.

No comments: