Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Busy

It's taken me a bit longer than I had originally hoped, but I finally got my comic book blog, The Comic Book Observatory. In the end, I switched it around and changed the template so that it has an entirely new look, which of course caused the largest obstacles and longest delays. But it's back up and I figure to slowly add to it as I get back into what I want to do with it. So, if you are just dying to hear me talk about Superheroes, sequential art, and all things comic book related (yes, I am talking to you Michelle Williams) then you'll be able to have nerdgasm after nerdgasm over there!

Around here I've been trying to get the house in order for spring. It seems like every time I have a chance to start working either the weather is horrible or there are other priorities pulling me away. I still haven't taken care of the grubs, but I did finally dig out a bush that needed to go. It only took me a few hours and cost me a shovel that I broke trying to dig it out.

We spent a great weekend in Ohio for Easter. This was the first year that the triplets colored eggs. In reality all they did was drop the eggs in and help take them out, and go "WOW" at the bright colors, but I enjoyed it and we were able to get some nice pictures.

I'd like to write more, but there is still a table full of clothes to fold and I have a meeting early in the morning to learn about diabetes. Before you freak out, nothing has changed with my health. For years I have always skirted close to when ever I had blood work during physicals and check-ups. It doesn't help that they've changed what they consider to be diabetes as measure by a glucose check, but it the magic number is 100 and above, I've routinely hovered around 97 or 99. Meva says that recently lowered the number to 99 just in time for me to score 100 on my last test. My doctor isn't overly concerned for me and his only advice was for me to "lose some weight" and the number should come down on it's own. To that end I decided to attend a diabetes class to educate myself and try and stave the off before I end up in serious trouble. I am sure I'll talk about it in a few days.

1 comment:

Collins said...

nergasm!!! ROFL!!!