Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Crash, Then Burn

Well, it was the power supply that caused the computer to crash. My friend Chris came over today to help me put the new one in as I always assume that I will do the most damage. So Chris came over and we got the new power supply in and as soon as we turned it on, there was a surge of some kind and my video card fried.

When I say the video card was fried, I mean this literally. Chris turned the computer on and I saw a bright light coming from the bottom of the video card and I said to Chris:

"Hey, that's fire."

"Yep, that sure is fire," Chris said.

"Yeah, that can't be good." I said as Chris quickly shut the thing down.

That sucks, but I got a new card that's a bit better and everything seems to be up and running now, so as long as that stays true, I have no complaints. It could have been much worse.

No comments: