Monday, November 24, 2008

Exhausted

I think I might be getting sick or something. My energy level has fallen dramatically and I've got this tickle in my throat along with a cough, which probably explains why I don't feel like doing anything today.

I've got to finish playing around in the attic with the insulation and then it's straight to decorating the outside of the house for Christmas. If I have time, I have a load of things I need to put up on eBay for the holidays. It's supposed to be pretty easy to put things up, but for some reason doing that seems to take me forever. Either way, I need to do that and capitalize on the holiday spending as I figure many people will be looking to save money by shopping on eBay.

Meva and I watched Hellboy II last night. You could definitely feel and see the influence of Guillermo del Torro in this, especially compared to the first movie. Meva said she liked it better than the first one and I thought it was about the same, which means it's not a waste of money, but it didn't do anything special to stand out of the crowd. I did appreciate the background story of the villains, but that's a theme that seems to be popular in Hollywood these days, sort of like the new Lovecraft. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, but it seems like it's everywhere.

The kids are doing great, talking more and more everyday. We're trying to get them to understand some aspects of Christmas, but it's going slow. Maybe once we start decorating the house they will be more into it. Today they are very cranky and fighting with each other and for some reason they knocked over the garbage can and then started yelling at each other! Tell me that's not going to be a common scene for me over the next 11 years!

No comments: