Saturday, November 01, 2008

Feeling Like Poo

I think my kids are out to get me. Somehow, like we all did as kids, they brought a cold virus into the house and I of course was the last one to catch it. As a result, it seems to have hit me the hardest. I've been fighting all the fun congestion, sinus, and coughing I can handle and it's leaving me unable to sleep at night and completely exhausted during the day. I'm hoping that getting an extra hour of sleep, along with the vodka, will help me get some deep serious sleep tonight.

We had a blast on Halloween trick-or-treating with the kids. Biased as I am, I thought they looked absolutely adorable and I was pleased at how well they behaved. We didn't have any problems, although they were really confused with the entire aspect of it. I'm most impressed with how often they said "Thank You" and "Please" when dealing with strangers. Meva and I work hard on making sure they understand how to be polite in the hopes that some of it will stick when they are teens. We can only hope.

Three more days until the political gesturing, lies, and mud-slinging can stop. Of course we'll then be subjected to ridiculous claims that the victors will never fully keep and wild excuses and accusations as to why the losers didn't win. Hopefully it will be palatable by Christmas, if not just about manageable.

We've got great weather this weekend and I'm hoping to take advantage of it and get things done around the house before the real lousy weather sets in. Being sick doesn't help, but I'm at least making some progress. I know I won't get everything I want done, but I'll try.

I'm on my second vodka drink now and since I'm not much of a drinker anymore, I'm feeling it, so I think I'll sign off before I make an ass of myself and start talking about the things I dream about, which after tonight should really be something.

No comments: