Monday, November 03, 2008

Something to Believe In

After putting up with the campaigning BS in all of its forms this weekend, I've decided to embrace my inner John McCain and go "Double Maverick" for the next few days. I'm also warning everyone that I also will not hesitate to go farther the the Senator and bring things to "Triple Maverick." You should all now consider yourself warned. The following video should further explain my position.




Out of the ashes of this political election I have seized my first issue that I am going to embrace and fight against. Once everything settles after Tuesday I will begin learning what I need to do in Illinois to stop a tactic that I find annoying and harassing. I'm talking about recorded political messages and campaign ads being delivered to my phone!

I'm lucky in the fact that my state is not a battleground state for the national race, so we've been left alone for the most part. I can only imagine how bad things are for my in-laws that live in Ohio. They are just as annoying as any telemarketing call I ever received. I received 6 calls total tonight, at least two were from someone I specifically asked to stop. It's enough. They're an intrusion on my evening and the interrupt my peace and quite or quality time with my friends
and/or family. So the time has come for me to begin organizing a collective voice and begin speaking our concerns. I'm looking forward to this challenge! If anyone is with me, please feel free to join me!

No comments: