Sunday, November 16, 2008

It's Beginning To Feel A Lot Like.........

Christmas!! Well it's not exactly looking like Christmas yet around here, but I'm starting to get the bug for it. Christmas has always been my favorite holiday despite the ridiculous commercialization that takes place, sometimes even before Halloween. To me it's always been about family getting together and having a good time together. That and it's a little known secret of mine that I just love giving presents to my friends and loved ones. Anyways, I will save my sappy Christmas rants for when we get a little closer.

It seems most people get really upset around this time of the year with all the stresses of Christmas, the snow, and the cold, but I truly enjoy all of that. Just getting ready for the winter is usually enough to get me a bit cheerful as I think of the snow and bitter cold that challenges us and makes us really appreciate the basics like, heat, food, and family.

This requires quite a bit of preparation and I've got a long list of prep work I have to get done. I need to get into the attic and repair any drafts and leaks in the insulation (which I know are there), put away garden hoses, repack the garage so I can get at least one car in there for the winter, put away all the summer yard furniture and kids toys, and then there is getting the Christmas decorations ready. I've got many new decorations to put out this year that I need to check and make sure they are working and I am excited about my new Christmas lights. Last year I went to the After Christmas sales and bought a completely new set of lights for the house that are all LED. Saving energy and having brighter lights is something I'm looking forward to.

And for all my Scrooge friends out there I'll make sure I include some pictures for you.

And speaking of pictures, here's my all-time favorite Christmas video. I watched it as a kid and the jingle has never truly left me. It's old and in black and white, but I guess I am too! (Especially if you look at my hair these days.) Anyways, here is Hardrock, Cocoa, and Joe.

No comments: